Reports To: Pastor
The Bookkeeper is responsible for maintaining all Parish financial records. This position will be responsible for providing the Pastor with reports that reflect the overall financial status of the Parish. The Bookkeeper will also be required to attend and prepare financial statements and supporting documentation presented during Finance Council meetings. The Bookkeeper provides business and operational support to the pastor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides Bookkeeping, Payroll and Benefits processing services
- Coordinates with Risk Management on any property damage reports
- Prepares monthly financial reports for Pastor and Finance council
- Maintains confidentiality in all situations (financial and personnel)
- Supervises the volunteer Collection Counter staff
- Inputs and maintains records of weekend contributions
- Creates and maintains accounts payable vendor files
- Creates reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Prepares checks for payment to vendors.
- Assists Pastor in preparation of budget.
- Monitors budget to actual performance.
- Ensures all tax reports (941, W-2s, 1099s) are filed in a timely manner
- Ensures fund raising (Bingo) quarterly filings (when applicable).
- Ensures Payroll is submitted in a timely manner.
- Coordinates all financial letters with the Pastor
- Other duties as assigned
- The Bookkeeper is responsible for overseeing administrative staff.
- Coordinates weekly bulletin and other internal communication with administrative assistant
- Coordinates cemetery sales and database entries with administrative assistant
- Coordinates all facility rentals and payments with the administrative assistant
- Coordinates Sacramental Records with administrative assistant
- Coordinates Mass Ministry Schedules with administrative assistant
- Coordinates Mass Stipends with administrative assistant
- Coordinates all second collections with administrative assistant
- Associates Degree in Accounting and/ or three to five years’ previous experience as a bookkeeper required
- Previous experience with A/P, A/R, General Ledger, payroll, and bank reconciliations
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs
- Proficiency with MS office (Word, Excel, Outlook). Ability to communicate with all levels of management and staff.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Workdays will be Monday through Thursday.
Flexibility to work some weekends or annual events such as the parish Festival and Homecoming.