

# VASHON PARK DISTRICT BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS

## MEETING MINUTES

Ober Park, Evergreen Room, 7:00 pm

**DATE: Tuesday, April 10, 2018**

Commissioners attending: Bob McMahon, Doug Ostrom, Karen Gardner, Abby Antonelis. Scott Harvey was absent.

Staff attending: Elaine Ott-Rocheford, Jason Acosta.

ISSUE	DISCUSSION AND OUTCOME	FOLLOW UP
<b>Call to order &amp; agenda review</b>	The meeting was called to order by Doug. Doug reviewed the agenda.	
<b>Public Comment</b>	<p>Captain Joe: This is the poster for this year's Low Tide Celebration. This is the 13<sup>th</sup> year.</p> <p>Doug: Is the low tide on a particular low tide day?</p> <p>Captain Joe: Yes, we pick it for a Saturday at the lowest tide possible in June or July. This year is on July 14.</p> <p>Elaine: I have something to add to the agenda when we are done with public comment. It is an issue concerning the Fire District.</p>	
<b>Dog Park – Vashon Unleashed</b>	<p>Laurel: We had a great meeting with David Kimmert and Scott Snyder of King County. The Island Center Forest idea that was suggested is off limits. It's a private road. Too, it is intended to be a buffer from the private homes. Access to the parking lot is dangerous. Island Center Forest is off the list. We will be going to a meeting tomorrow night concerning the Dockton Forest – some mitigation issues going on there now. Our hope is to have a fenced area there with consigned trails for dogs off leash. We will take the idea to Ecology. Discussed Frog Holler Forest, but no parking and many residences nearby. Most exciting option is Maury Island Marine Park. They suggested a 40 acre chunk of land not being used. We would meet with the Friends of MIMP.</p> <p>Elaine: Is that the space with the locked gate and the porta potty?</p> <p>Laurel: No, it's the land across the street from that.</p> <p>???: It is important to KC that the Friends group is okay with this. They meet about once a month.</p> <p>Laurel: We left the KC meeting knowing we want to focus on this, but we know it will be a long process due to the mitigation going on there. We are also hopeful that VPD can contribute the lower field at BARC. It does not appear to be used. We reached out to the Stewards, and one seemed supportive of the lower field.</p> <p>Elaine: Because a dog park is not part of the master plan, you would need to make that amendment. And there needs to be a public outreach process.</p> <p>Laurel: With your permission, we would like to pursue this option. Understand, too, that</p>	

	<p>clearing the area at the MIMP is a long term project. It is very dense and will require a lot of work. And the KC area will not be as accessible as the BARC location.</p> <p>Karen: So do we need a motion?</p> <p>Elaine: The motion needs to be for approving an amendment to the Master Plan at BARC after determining this is the appropriate location after public process.</p> <p>Katy: There a lot of people who don't have a way of exercising their dogs. BARC would be a good location for that reason.</p> <p>Doug: I assume part of the outreach process will involve the BARC Stewards? Do we do that before making an amendment to the master plan?</p> <p>Laurel: They have been alerted.</p> <p><b>Karen: I move we continue the process of pursuing the BARC location for a dog park.</b></p> <p><b>Abby: Second.</b></p> <p>Elaine: I will reach out to the Stewards again and reach out to the neighborhood and the park itself.</p> <p>Jason: I can see there being an issue with the disc golf course.</p> <p>Elaine: I will specifically encourage input from the disc golf community.</p>	<p><b>Agenda Item</b></p>
<p><b>3.27.18 Minutes;</b>  <b>3.22.18– 4.5.18</b>  <b>Preliminary Vouchers;</b>  <b>February Vouchers</b></p>	<p><b>Bob: I move to accept as presented.</b></p> <p><b>Karen: Second.</b></p> <p><b>Passed 4 – 0.</b></p>	<p><b>Motion to accept the minutes and vouchers.</b>  <b>Passed 4 - 0</b></p>
<p><b>Fire District</b></p>	<p>Elaine: I received a communication from Charlie Krimmert recently stating that, per RCW 53.30.020, we are required to enter into an interlocal agreement with them that addresses a requirement that any municipal corporation within or adjacent to a fire protection district must contract with the fire protection district for fire protection services. Specifically:</p> <p>“ Wherever a fire protection district has been organized which includes within its area or is adjacent to, building and equipment, except those leased to a nontax exempt person or organization, owned by the legislative or administrative authority of a state agency of institution or a municipal corporation, the agency or institution or municipal corporation involved shall contract with such district for fire protection services necessary for the protection and safety of personnel and property pursuant to the provisions of chapter 39.34 RCW. “</p> <p>In other words, because we don't pay taxes, we have to pay separately for fire protection services. I ran this by our attorney, and he said this is true. This will cost us \$11,500.</p> <p>Karen: How was that sum arrived at?</p> <p>Elaine: Our attorney recommended it be based on our assessed property value and charge \$1.50 per thousand (the Fire District's levying rate). It is difficult to value our property, because it is not assessed. The Fire District went with this formula based on assumed market value but are actually giving us a break at \$1.00 per thousand.</p> <p>Karen: I wouldn't be so irritated if they hadn't just raised our taxes considerably.</p> <p>Doug: Do they have the option of not charging us?</p>	

	<p>Elaine: I believe it is required per the RCW. The draft agreement is attached. I will send it to our attorney for his review before we agree to it.</p>	<p><b>Action Required</b></p>
<p><b>February Financial Report</b></p>	<p>Elaine: I'll just speak to the cash flow statement, since there isn't much on the Budget to Actual.</p> <p><u>Levy</u> – under \$12k</p> <p><u>Admin</u> – under budget \$8800</p> <ul style="list-style-type: none"> <li>• Payroll costs under \$5k due to charging Kelly's LG hours to the pool, budgeting PERS for the full year – just started in April, no minute taker, and the healthcare cost increase has not taken affect yet. Too, I have not restructured the budgets to reflect how Kelly's replacement will fit in, so that will be about a month out.</li> <li>• All else is odds and ends.</li> </ul> <p><u>Maintenance</u> – under budget \$19k</p> <ul style="list-style-type: none"> <li>• Payroll costs - \$8400 has been charged to the pool. The pool budget absorbed it without incident, because of the gap in pool management and lack of lifeguards.</li> <li>• Benefits – under \$6k due to the late start with PERS + I budget high to accommodate unexpected changes in health coverage.</li> <li>• All else is odds and ends.</li> </ul> <p><u>Commons</u> – over by \$4400</p> <ul style="list-style-type: none"> <li>• Mostly odds and ends, but \$2k is that we are paying for the porta potty for the sport groups. Wasn't budgeted. Part of the Interlocal agreement negotiation.</li> </ul> <p><u>Programs</u> – under by \$2700</p> <ul style="list-style-type: none"> <li>• Profit from Ski School \$1200</li> <li>• Rec Guide savings of \$1500</li> </ul> <p><u>Pool Summer</u> – under by \$1200</p> <ul style="list-style-type: none"> <li>• Odds and ends – supplies shared with the winter budget + phone savings + health benefit savings</li> </ul> <p><u>Pool Winter</u> – \$6800 over budget for the calendar year; \$12,500 under budget if Oct – April (\$9700 loss Oct – Dec). General monthly loss is \$9600.</p> <ul style="list-style-type: none"> <li>• Revenue has really tapered off. I'm concerned that the Fall will not pan out.</li> </ul> <p>Karen: Why do you think it is tapering off?</p> <p>Elaine: Lots of pool pass sales, which we have eliminated.</p> <p>Bob: So the revenue is the same, but it just hit at the beginning.</p> <ul style="list-style-type: none"> <li>• Labor is holding steady, despite the \$8400 from maintenance.</li> <li>• Supply needs have dropped.</li> <li>• Utilities are holding steady.</li> </ul> <p><u>Point Robinson</u> - \$9500 over budget.</p> <ul style="list-style-type: none"> <li>• Revenue down \$5k</li> <li>• Labor is over by \$7k due to more time spent at Pt Rob than Fern Cove</li> </ul>	

	<ul style="list-style-type: none"> <li>• All else is tracking under budget</li> </ul> <p><u>Fern Cove</u>- \$3200 under budget</p> <ul style="list-style-type: none"> <li>• Revenue is down \$2900</li> <li>• Labor tracking \$7k under budget due to more time spent at Pt Rob</li> <li>• All else is odds and ends</li> </ul> <p><u>RFA/Other</u> – this is really messy, as the carry-over pool items are represented here and the items being charged against the capital budget. Best to think of the \$35,000 hole as the capital costs spelled out below (not exact, because we do have RFA ins and outs here, too).</p> <p>Elaine: Ending the year with \$424k. Cash flow looks great – no fear of having to borrow.</p>	
<p><b>Ober Playground Equipment</b></p>	<p>Elaine: At last meeting, you asked that Enduris do a risk assessment. Met with our Enduris rep, as he planned to come to Vashon, anyway. He is reviewing the audit. Generally very impressed with Jason’s process. Doesn’t believe liability is such that we shut it down. Keep doing weekly reports relative to the audit. Will come back in May to do full risk assessment of all our deteriorating assets.</p> <p>Jason: We do daily inspections on the playground, anyway.</p> <p>Jason: At last meeting, we were instructed to get prices on options. Just to replace the three posts that are rotten and the slide we took out, comes to \$4,000.</p> <p>Bob: You’re going to do that, aren’t you?</p> <p>Jason: Two playground companies will give us 3 proposals on various options. I hope to have these by the next meeting.</p> <ol style="list-style-type: none"> <li>1) Bare minimum</li> <li>2) Replace a lot of the big structures but leave the little things</li> <li>3) Full replacement with ADA structures in the back corner.</li> </ol> <p>Elaine: You also asked us to look into grants, but unfortunately there are hefty match requirements.</p> <ol style="list-style-type: none"> <li>1) Grant via Koman Playground Equipment – up to \$50k match. Must be ready and apply by 5/31/2018 for installation by 12/31/18.</li> <li>2) RCO <ol style="list-style-type: none"> <li>a. Land and Water Conservation - \$500,000 with 50/50 match – plan due March 1, 2020.</li> <li>b. Washington Wildlife and Recreation - \$500,000 with 50/50 match – plan due 3/1/2020. Restrooms can be done with this grant!</li> </ol> </li> </ol> <p>These are things to consider with the bond as we move through our strategic plan.</p> <p>Jason: You asked if we can modify that large structure? I can’t find who sold it to us, and nobody will touch a structure from another company.</p> <p>Bob: Don’t we have history on these structures?</p> <p>Jason: We do, but I think the slide came from King County. The only way to get the slide out is to dig it out. Do you want me to look at replacing that slide? Will be around \$9 - \$10k.</p>	<p><b>Action Required.</b></p>

	<p>Captain Joe: Any RCO interaction must be handled in a positive way. They were jerked around badly during the VES project.</p> <p>Elaine: I established a great relationship with them when I picked up the latter part of the grant.</p> <p>Abby: I have met with a lot of people about rec programming for people with disability. It comes up every time that people want an ADA playground.</p> <p>Jason: I believe anything we do new must be ADA compliant. I thought that back area would be ideal. A lot of it has to do with surfacing.</p>	
<p><b>Vashon LaCrosse Club policy exception request</b></p>	<p>Elaine: This would ordinarily be within my purview, but I was given implicit instructions to not grant exceptions to the fee policy this year. VLC’s per player bill comes to \$2k. They are happily paying that. There are some extra hour fees they are happily paying. The problem is that, with the Stadium construction project starting earlier than expected, some of their games are being displaced, and they have to rent fields off island. They are asking that two extra hour bills amounting to \$750 be exempted. There are a couple of other issues that weigh into their request, but this is the gist of it.</p> <p>Doug: So they are being charged for fields they can’t use?</p> <p>Elaine: No, they are having to pay extra for off island fields where the fields on island are within their per player fee.</p> <p>Nick Keenan: We are paying for the game fields within the per player fee. Now we are not getting those game fields for the latter part of the season.</p> <p>Karen: I think those are mitigating circumstances that sound reasonable.</p> <p>Doug: Do you need a motion?</p> <p>Elaine: No, I can just do it.</p>	
<p><b>Staff Reports:</b></p> <ol style="list-style-type: none"> <li>1) Pool</li> <li>2) Jensen Point Catch Basin</li> <li>3) Recreation Programming Open House</li> <li>4) Recreation Programming – Cost Recovery</li> <li>5) Operations and Recreation Manager</li> </ol>	<p>Jason:</p> <p>Pool – we tested the main drain plug for dealing with the modulating valve. Used rubber sheeting. I think it’s going to work.</p> <p>Bob: The rubber needs to be thin enough so it can stretch out and seal.</p> <p>Jason: Acid room - Got info from Mike O’Conner, he sent it to Vashon Electric, and we haven’t heard back.</p> <p>Jason: Water heaters – Ann met with PSE about the grant. They discussed down-sizing the water heater.</p> <p>Elaine: She needs to get some baseline data for them.</p> <p>Jason: Jensen Point Catch Basin – I contacted the county. As long as we don’t add pipe or move pipe, we are able to replace without a permit. If we do, we need a permit. We need to go out for a bid to determine that.</p> <p>Bob: So it’s grandfathered as long as we don’t change anything.</p> <p>Doug: Flowing to the Sound isn’t an issue?</p> <p>Jason: It’s okay if just in the context of maintenance.</p> <p>Elaine: Recreation Programming Open House – Kelly’s report</p> <ol style="list-style-type: none"> <li>a. As reported last meeting, it was poorly attended – 5 adult females, 4 over 60.</li> </ol>	

b. Some odd hostility, but finally got going.

Abby: It was oddly hostile! They were upset the word “voting” was used.

Elaine: They felt it was slanted toward youth. No senior opportunities. One person was upset about “failure in communicating.” It was in the BC three times and rec guide.

c. See ideas on report.

Elaine: This is all part of the process. We will engage in more efforts.

Elaine: Recreation Programming – the ship has sailed. We have people reaching out to us already proposing classes. We are having to educate about how the process works – RFPs, etc. I want to know what our ideas are for cost recovery. I brought the survey input for cost recovery. For example, the performing arts indicated 100% cost recovery. Are we going to go literally with the results from the survey?

Karen: No, not in my estimation. The survey gave us information, but we know our financial situation and our community. I’m inclined to take it into consideration, but not the end all be all.

Elaine: Scott was leaning toward heavy subsidization. Do you feel the same way:

Doug: My take is we don’t have complete cost recovery on any of our programs. I don’t think it’s fair that we enforce higher cost recovery on seniors relative to others.

Elaine: Typically, other Districts do 100% cost recovery on classes.

Karen: I think we take it on a case by case basis.

Doug: Another consideration is how it competes with others on the Island.

Karen: If we look at unmet needs and the community not well served, we can’t do full cost recovery.

Bob: Agreed.

Elaine: Recreation Manager/Operations Coordinator – to replace Kelly, our initial process was to literally replace her outright; yielded 4 interviews; offer made to top candidate – he refused; the other three were not what we were looking for. We regrouped and considered a restructure of the position that yielded the interest of an internal, qualified candidate + created a new Operations Coordinator position. Per Policy, I have posted both externally due to concerns about transparency. Zero responses to both ads.

Bob: Let’s list what the positions are, and what they will be doing.

Elaine: Kelly was Recreation and Operations Manager. The ops part was the administrative set-up in Rec Pro, paperwork, insurance, liability waivers, facility use forms, ran the Ski School program and Sailing Camp. We pulled back the pool piece, because my plan for her was to follow the instruction to me by the Board that, by Fall, we would have a Recreation Program plan in place for the \$100k commitment in 2019. It’s a big job. It takes a lot of community outreach, having open houses, etc. Then setting up how the programs will operate takes a lot of logistical planning. Take a camp as an example. Where is it going to take place? Who is going to run it? For how long? What is the necessary paperwork? Rec Pro set-up. Marketing it. Taking registrations. Then evaluating its success. It’s a full time job. When it was full on in the past, there were 4 full time dedicated people. The full staff at

that time, with the same \$1.6m budget, was 15 full time people. I have 9.5.

Bob: We don't know that we are going to get to the full \$100k. We said we were going to ease into this slowly.

Elaine: But even taking it slowly, we have the BARC grant program, Sailing camp. You tell me!

Bob: I'm trying to get a feeling for the admin positions generally.

Elaine: Sue = bookkeeping, ¾ time – payroll, invoicing, payables.

Robin: = ¾ time. She does the facility scheduling for sport groups, Ober, and Commons.

Kelly was doing all the things I described + office management, IT, and HR.

Eric – fully manages the lodging facilities, taking reservations, event management, paperwork, marketing, and all the maintenance.

Jason: And what does Elaine do? Everything else.

Elaine: My point is we are tapping out. Financial management, budget management, grant writing, grant project management, public works contracting and management, etc.

Bob: Going forward, what will the reorganization look like?

Elaine: Assuming Eric gets the Recreation Manager position, he would move into a high level position overseeing the plan for programming and the processes I described planning, organizing, hiring, Rec Pro systems, processes. The Ops Coordinator would do the nuts and bolts data entry, lodging reservations, registrations, paperwork, HR (if I can hand that off – I'm doing it now). The tough part is what to do with Pt Rob and FC maintenance. When we sold that position in 2013, we had some excellent candidates. I thought, with a watered down version, we would still get some good candidates. In today's economy, it's too weird. And the pay is low -- \$40k. That's all I have to work with. Talking about maintenance, with the A Standards now in place, we're not hitting that either. The maintenance guys are pulled into so many different directions attending to deferred maintenance – the playground, the pool – they're not hitting the standards. Eric is in no way getting to it.

Karen: What's the solution?

Elaine: I need another body.

Bob: Eric would essentially be going into Kelly's job and be divorced from anything having to do with the lodgings?

Elaine: No, from a high level perspective, that would all be part of recreation programming. It is recreation, just a different form. The Ops person would work for Eric.

Bob: And the Ops coordinator would also do maintenance?

Elaine: This is a big job even for the Ops Coordinator. I'm proposing we give the maintenance back to Jason with another body at Pt Rob and FC. Let the Ops be a stand-alone job, and the maintenance be a stand-alone job.

Bob: It seems odd to have the Ops person do both.

Elaine: But that's all I have to work with!

Jason: It was easy for Eric, because he came out of the maintenance department.

Elaine: The reason I was hopeful this would work was we had 5 great interviewees in 2013.

Times are different. As it is, I really need an admin body, and I really need a maintenance body.

Captain Joe: The Keepers' obligation is to provide maintenance for the park. I have had 3 die. Eric and I have talked about this. I need to revitalize the Barn Boys to help. Elaine brings up a good point. \$40k probably isn't going to cut it for this position.

Elaine: I may be able to sell it as a stand-alone admin. Maintenance starts at \$42k. It's hard to fill the maintenance positions. I considered parsing this out into two part-time positions at \$20k a piece, but we can't fill part-time positions. I'm not trying to be a Negative Nelly here; I'm just telling you what the reality is. We all wear so many hats, and we're stretched so thin. But times have changed on this island. People simply are not willing to work for these wages.

Bob: So you're saying the 50/50 Ops/maint is not a reasonable expectation.

Captain Joe: It is essential that maintenance be kept up at Pt Rob. It's part of the lease agreement, and it's the expectation of the renters.

Elaine: I want to reiterate and/or remind that I had two separate conversations with the Board about staffing, generally speaking. We went into the conversation about A park standards saying that we don't have the staff to meet those standards. We're not meeting them.

Jason: We're trying, but it's tough with the continued equipment breakdowns, too.

Elaine: The other conversation concerns recreation programming. Kelly was very concerned about launching recreation programming on her own. As I said, prior staff had 4 people; I will have one.

Abby: So we can't offer proper pay or hire what you need, because it's budget driven?

Elaine: It's entirely budget driven.

Bob: So you want to shift the Pt Rob and FC maintenance to Jason. It seems more likely you can find that person.

Jason: The issue I have in filling maintenance positions is that my guys look around just like everyone does. When Burien is paying a maint 1 position – just a guy shloggin a lawn more -- \$5 more than my maintenance lead guy, it's hard to get people to work for these wages. I have numerous interviewees turn our positions down because of pay. And I'm talking about a few years ago.

Bob: The problem is we have too much park to pay for. That's why I set up the hierarchy system to where some are not maintained.

Jason: We aren't maintaining C parks.

Karen: Where are we with selling properties?

Elaine: Susan Lofland is ramping back up.

Doug: The real costs are with our major facilities like VES.

Karen: Something has to give. Should we pull back on recreation programming?

Elaine: That's a good point. Is rec programming too much too soon?

Karen: So if we pulled back on rec programming, it sounds like you're still stretched thin.



	<p>Elaine: I can't flat-out fill Kelly's position for \$50k. I'm trying, but I can't. I'm trying this creative shuffling, and I can't fill those, either. Even if I did just fill Kelly's position and Eric stays where he is, he is tapped out. He is on call 24/7 and often is literal to it. He has no back-up.</p> <p>Karen: I think your solution is fine. What concerns me is how rickety our system is, because we're so poverty stricken.</p> <p>Elaine: We're ending the year with \$400k. I'll admit I'm not being terribly strategic about this, because I'm moving pretty quickly into panic mode. I am currently working every Saturday. We're all stretched thin.</p> <p>Karen: You need us to agree to a maintenance person.</p> <p>Bob: What's the total cost increase?</p> <p>Elaine: Another maint guy starts at \$42k, plus benefits kicks it to \$55k - \$60k.</p> <p>Captain Joe: It is troubling to me that you are not able to fill the billets. You're ending the year with \$400k. Filling the billets is directly related to their pay. It's a tough sell when you have money in reserves, but you don't have the people to do the work.</p> <p>Doug: Why can't we keep the reserves at the same level and use the increases to fund this?</p> <p>Elaine: By default, it has to come from the reserves.</p> <p>Bob: This year has been reserve building. The money we have been funding it with comes out of operations. We won't be building it going forward. You need to pose to us where the reserves need to be. How much have they grown over the past year?</p> <p>Elaine: Well, \$200k over the course of the last year.</p> <p>Abby: We need this maintenance person. I would also like to see a budget that reflects where your staff needs to be in wages.</p> <p>Jason: Elaine has done that for every Board.</p> <p><b>Karen: I move to approve the hiring of a new Maintenance Person</b></p> <p><b>Bob: Second.</b></p> <p><b>Karen: I move to suspend the rules.</b></p> <p><b>Bob: Second.</b></p> <p><b>Motion to suspend the Rules: passed 4 – 0.</b></p> <p><b>Motion to hire new Maintenance Person: passed 4 – 0.</b></p> <p>Captain Joe: I request that the Executive Director put on the first agenda in May a report about my success in building the Barn Boys.</p>	<p><b>Action Item</b></p>
<p><b>Strategic Plan</b></p>	<p>Bob: The schedule has been updated to reflect the activity changes from last time. We now need to figure out the timing of these activities then who is going to lead the charge on them.</p> <p><u>Capra accreditation</u> – ongoing.</p> <p>Elaine: they are organically happening now and will be ongoing.</p> <p>Develop board of fully engaged commissions – ongoing.</p> <p>Elaine: I think that will happen organically, too. As you assign these things, people get</p>	

engaged.

Bob: So that should move all the way out.

Develop a schedule of pay and benefits.

Elaine: Abby requested a budget to reflect industry wages.

Abby: That and a minimum comfort level with reserves.

Bob: So when should that be put to bed?

Karen: End of third quarter?

Elaine: yep. Benefits are okay.

Create a Citizens Advisory Committee

Karen: I sort of did that, but we never decided what these people would do. I don't think we give up, but I think it's premature. I think we need to decide what needs to be fixed, then we bring them on board.

Bob: As I recall, they were going to be people held on standby if we need their expertise.

Karen: I don't know that this group would be useful. If we need an expert, we find an expert.

Bob: I think it was complicated by the formation of a Foundation.

Elaine: I don't know where the Foundation is going.

Karen: I think we should move this item out.

Captain Joe: I think your advisers are people like me and Stewardship groups. We speak up when an issue needs addressing.

Abby: Maybe combine number 8 and 10. Partner with people invested in the community.

Karen: But what do we want from these people? Let's move it out to 2019. We don't need to do this right away.

Encourage a volunteer group; encourage Partnerships

Bob: These are general

Reduce Inventory of Surplus Properties

Bob: When do you think we will exhaust possibilities of doing this?

Karen: Some of this isn't under our control.

Elaine: Keep the line where it is, but extend it out to 2019.

Update and Maintain User Fee Schedule

Elaine: We did that in December.

Bob: We should do it every year, so put a blip 1<sup>st</sup> quarter of every year?

Jason: You might want to do it at budget time. Otherwise the sport groups can't prepare.

Augment Capital Improvement Program

Doug: What does that mean?

Elaine: It had to do with looking for alternative funding sources.

Karen: Why don't we change it to that wording?

Elaine: The "organic" part depends on when grants are available, etc.

Bob: So the timeline depends on the projects we are trying to fund.

Karen: the line should be ongoing.

Complete Maintenance Management Plan relative to Standards

Jason: We're about 90% there. I would like to push it to 4<sup>th</sup> quarter.

Create a variety of recreational programs

Karen: I would like to push that way out, personally.

Elaine: I think it's right to start it now. Just get the ball rolling in terms of the planning process. It's a long process.

Doug: Is it possible to think of it as 10% of what we really want to start? Starting it early is a good idea.

Karen: It seems our specific efforts fall underneath here. The senior and disabled programs are a subset.

Elaine: We can start the focus on what you have already done.

Karen: The Senior Center is on hold, because they are looking for a new director. I would push this out to end of 2019.

Elaine: Remember, we do have things currently going on.

Reduce list of deferred maintenance projects

Bob: we need to go through the list and understand what the items are.

Jason: The Agren Road regrade gets pushed to end of 2019 when we do the field project.

Elaine: 3<sup>rd</sup>, 4<sup>th</sup> quarter 2019.

Bob: Many are tied to the bond timing. Should they stay where they are? Or should we move some up?

Pool Deck Renovation

Bob: bond related. Leave as is.

Wingehaven Road repairs

Bob: Do we need to do something now?

Jason: It depends on what you want to do with Wingehaven. We currently walk down the road to check drainage.

Bob: Can you wait for the bond?

Jason: If it is deemed as level C, we can probably wait. It's season to season depending on rain. I would prefer sooner.

Doug: We talked about #38 Ivy remediation. How do they get down there?

Bob: Let's come back to this after we talk about the things that require equipment down there.

Jason: Somebody "Winge" is supposed to get hold of us about a requirement that it be maintained.

Winghaven upgrade for kayak use

Doug: What does that mean?

Elaine: That is tied to the road repair for porta potty maintenance

Jason: The main issue is the need for a restroom. It can be a composting.

Bob: So this is post bond.

